- People will assume anything they want. You just have to let them.
- Living your life by your beliefs will offend some people.
- Sometimes the scars are more rewarding than the smiles.
- Nothing ever goes as planned when you need it to.
- Children are the greatest teachers.
- Seasons sometimes change on the calendar alone.
- It is better to be happy alone than miserable with someone.
- Never marry someone you are not certain you want to build a life with.
- Divorce is expensive.
- Sacrifice is often required for survival.
- Love is shown in the strangest, sometimes unrecognizable ways
- Responsibility is not meant to be fun.
- People can and will take advantage of you if you let your guard down.
- Relationships can drain you until you have nothing left.
- You can pick yourself up without assistance when you fall; assistance just makes the blow less painful.
- Family is not always blood.
- Sometimes the best things find you when you aren't looking.
- Your children are often just like you when you least expect it.
- Music can take you back in time.
- The most important lessons are painful.
What can I take from the lessons? The fact that a piece of myself was either lost or gained from each of them. I no longer worry what people think, if I ever did. I seriously do not remember a time when I cared at this point.
I know that there are endless lessons in this life, and I can merely hope to learn them without need to repeat the lessons which I find most painful.
What have you learned during the last twenty years? Or even in the last day or so?